How to Pour a Bottle of Wine
- Wrap a napkin around the neck for insulation.
- Hold the bottle in the palm of your hand, label facing the guest, so he or she can observe the vintage.
- Pour table wine down the inside of a glass.
- Bring the bottle to the glass and twist the bottle over the glass to halt the drops to avoid spills.
- Pour champagne soon after the bottle is opened
- Avoid stimulating the bubbles by pouring in a trickle
- Pour a small amount of champagne into a glass, let the froth settle for a moment, then fill the glass three-quarters full.
How Much Wine to Pour
Generally, leave enough room in the glass to gently swirl the wine and release the bouquet.