eating etiquette (how to eat...)
Table manners for eating persimmon. There are two ways to eat a persimmon:
- One is to slice it in half and scoop out the meat with a spoon.
- The second is to set the fruit upright on a plate, stem end down, and cut it into quarters (these are opened out until they lie flat).
- Cut each quarter into pieces that can be eaten manageably with a knife and fork.
- The pit can be cleaned in your mouth, then dropped onto a spoon and placed on the side of your plate.
Never eat the skin, which tends to be bitter.
- Mike Lininger, Editor, Etiquette Scholar
If you find any typographical errors, inaccuracies, or inconsistencies, or if you just have something to add, please email us.