Have a Dining Etiquette Question?
Submit it to us through our contact us page.
dining etiquette history
MANNERS in Europe date back to the eleventh century, to the days of chivalry.
The word courtesy is a diminutive of "courtier's customs," while manner comes from the Latin manuaruu, meaning of the hand.
- Dining Etiquette Terms A to D
- Dining Etiquette Terms E to M
- Dining Etiquette Terms N to R
- Dining Etiquette Terms S to Z
- Mike Lininger, Editor, Etiquette Scholar
If you find any typographical errors, inaccuracies, or inconsistencies, or if you just have something to add, please email us.